Sisley Phtyo Makeup Collection

Monday, October 12, 2015

Sisley Phtyo Makeup Collection



Hi Divas

I am not new to the Sisley French high end brand as I have used their cleansers, toners and moisturisers before. What I am new to is their makeup range. I have never used their cosmetic collections so I was super keen to try out their products as I am a big fan of their skin care range. As the skin care line, Sisley uses plant based ingredients to create a botanical makeup range as well. Their makeup consists of foundations, lip and eye products as well as primers and makeup enhances to help with various skin problems. I have three products from the range which are the eyeshadow quad, eye shadow crayon and tinted lip balm. As you can see below the makeup packaging is quite fun and adventurous for a high end brand. I love the use of animal prints and black and white patterns to break away from conventional high end packaging and embrace the exotic and eclectic designs.


 Below are my reviews of each product I own.




Sisley Phyto Eye Twist Long Lasting Eyeshadow: 
 The product comes in a zebra patterned twist cap tube that looks like a pencil crayon. The shade I have is 2 bronze which is actually not bronze at all but a pretty swamp green shade with gold glitter specks. These are creamy eyeshadows that can glide onto your eyes directly from the tube. You do not need a makeup brush to apply this unless you want to blend out the edges thoroughly. The eyeshadow is very creamy and glides on effortlessly on the eyes. I used a eyeshadow primer before I applied it and the eyeshadow lasted all day. It did not fade, rub or flake off. I am really impressed with the quality of this cream shadow. This product is great for travelling too as you can use it straight from the tube and create a dramatic smokey eye with minimal effort. This is definitely my favourite product from the collection.


Sisley Phyto Lip Twist Tinted Lip Balm:  
The tinted lip balm resembles a giant crayon. I have it in the shade 7 Coral. I am usually not a fan of coral or orange shades of lipsticks. I feel those colours do not suite my complexion. This shade is different in that it gives you a wash of colour at first that can be buildable. It glides on like a moisturising lip balm and leaves a juicy coral stain on the lips. The balm feels really hydrating and it is pretty yet subtle, which I love. The balm does rub off easily after eating and drinking but you are still left with a slight coral stain on the lips. The packaging is similar to the eyeshadow crayon with the stylish zebra print and twist cap with the Sisley logo written in red.


Sisley Phtyo 4 Ombres Eyeshadow Quad: 
 The eyeshadow comes with four shades arranged in a pretty capital S shape in the case. The quad is quite small and compact. It comes with a mirror and eyeshadow sponge applicator too. There are two brown shades which are the smallest in the quad, a champagne shade and a pink/peach shade in the bigger sections. All the eyeshadows have a satin finish with slight glitter particles in them. There are no matte shades in the compact which is very disappointing. You would have to add another palette to your makeup routine if you want a full completed look. The eyeshadows are quite pigmented and look lovely on the eyes. There is a bit of fallout though when transferring the eyeshadows from the compact to the makeup brush. I find that it is easier to use the fingers for the champagne and pink/peachy shades on the lid. The colours really stand out beautifully when applied with the fingers. The packaging of the palette is pretty too as the cover resembles a black and white chess board.





On my eyes I only used the Sisley eyeshadow products. I placed the deep brown shade on my upper lash line and smoked it out. I then blended it into the lighter brown shade in the quad into my crease. I added the pink/ peach shade into my crease as well and used it as a transition shade. I blended everything together with a fluffy brush and diffused the colours together. I used the champagne shade on my brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes. I placed the cream swampy green crayon eyeshadow on my lower lash line and smudged it out for a smokey eye. I then placed the coral tinted lip balm on my lips. As you can see in the photo above you can easily create a glammed smokey eye with these products. I think the tinted coral lip balm gives a great wash of colour without being overbearing. If you are a Sisley fan you would probably love to own makeup pieces from their collection. This is a luxury brand and prices are very steep especially in their cosmetics department. I do not think that their makeup is worth the high prices. You will find more versatile products in cheaper luxury and drug store collections. As I said get it if you are a Sisley fan but if you are not you can give this collection a skip.


Thank you so much for reading.
Lots of love.
Xxxx



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I hate it when brands overprice their products! Like, you're good but not that good! Well, I'm glad you tried it. Looks lovely on you Desle, but I know what you mean. Thanks for the review. I heard about this brand but never tried anything from it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so true Kim. I prefer their skincare products. xxx

      Delete
  2. The products looks amazing on you Desle... But yes... I agree ... It sucks when products are OVER priced . Great honest review as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynette. Yes it sucks big time, when you have to pay for the name of the product and not the quality.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried anything by this brand but I really want one of the lipsticks! I may be wrong but I think that their products are a little bit overpriced, they are more expensive than Chanel, Dior and s.o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are way overpriced. Much more than Dior and Chanel.

      Delete
  4. That packaging looks nice and that orange lip color looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. I do love the packaging very much.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment:-)