Diva on a Budget: Scarves&Blazers

Sunday, May 05, 2013 26 Comments A+ a-


Diva on a Budget
Scarves&Blazers


I'm a type of person that likes to look fabulous without breaking the bank! Why buy one item for R900 when I can get 5 items for that same price. Don't get me wrong I am not queen of cheep and I don't ever substitute quality for quantity. I enjoy splashing out on skincare and perfume. But sometimes you have to see through all the hype and find trendy items for less.


Red Blazer by Mr Price; Star Green scarf by Legit; Check shirt by Mr Price; Blue Jeans by Legit


First up!: 
As some of you might know I am crazy about scarves. I love all textures, shades and prints. With the colder months coming up in the southern hemisphere I love to keep my neck warm with a funky scarf to spruce up my outfit. I found some awesome star, flower and aztec print scarves at Legit for... wait for it... under R60!!! :-) I went a little crazy and almost bought all. My favourite is the green star print scarf. I have nothing in star print and thought this would be a great addition to my growing wardrobe. I don't have a huge amount of fashionable items in my wardrobe. I'm getting there:-)

 Second up!:
 Coloured bold blazers are all the rage and Mr Price has them all! I bought this red one for only R150. Can I get a 'Whoop!'. You can wear these with jeans, tailored black pants or a summer dress. This material is great for those in between seasons when it's not quite cold but not scorching hot either. I love the playful polka dot hem line. Another reason why I bought it:-)

  
 ***
Watch this space for more Diva Bugdet updates.

26 comments

Write comments
Jocelyn Leow
AUTHOR
5 May 2013 at 20:58 delete

Love the way you match your blazer with the scarf and jeans. they compensate one another really well!

Reply
avatar
Sam
AUTHOR
6 May 2013 at 02:12 delete

Thats a great shopping philosophy to have, love the red blazer, such pretty color on you!Thanks for your visit hun, may this week be a great one for you!

Reply
avatar
6 May 2013 at 05:12 delete

Love posts like these! I'm a scarf freak... Obvs cause I'm muslim but I'm running out of space! Definitely going to send you scarves when my mom visits Dubai or Saudi again. Looking stunning D!

Reply
avatar
luchessa
AUTHOR
6 May 2013 at 11:14 delete

Hey sweetie, welcome to The Friendly Bunch Blog Hop, nice to meet you.
I love this scarf that you're wearing. :)I'm sharing your passion for different kind of scarfs for sure.

XoXo, Luchessa.
Luchessa.wordpress.com

Reply
avatar
Saundy
AUTHOR
6 May 2013 at 12:50 delete

An absolutely beautiful ensemble! You look stunning and very stylish. I am definitely picking up styling tips from you. I love the combination of the bright red blazer with polka dots with the dark green star print scarf. It's very outstanding. :D

Reply
avatar
Meghan Silva
AUTHOR
6 May 2013 at 13:16 delete

Loving that Mr P blazer so chic.
Meghan Silva's Blog

Reply
avatar
Amina Parker
AUTHOR
6 May 2013 at 15:21 delete

You always find the coolest blazers at Mr Price :) I love it!

Amina || Blog: Oh just one more ||

Reply
avatar
CharlieW
AUTHOR
6 May 2013 at 15:41 delete

You look so pretty!!! Love the scarf xx

Reply
avatar
Victoria
AUTHOR
7 May 2013 at 18:30 delete

Pretty lady, you look gorgeous...

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:42 delete

Thanks Jocelyn:-)

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:43 delete

Hope you having a great week too. Xxx

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:45 delete

Oh my word!! The Midfle East has amazing scarves with amazing fabric:-) Thanks so much Tazz. xxxx

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:45 delete

I want all the colours:)

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:46 delete

Thank you Charlene. Xoxo

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:46 delete

Thanks Victoria. *kisses*

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:47 delete

Mr Price has some awesome colours.

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:48 delete

Thanks for reading Luchessa.

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 10:48 delete

Thanks so much Saundy. Lots of love. :-)))

Reply
avatar
8 May 2013 at 13:34 delete

Girl, you are rocking that blazer! Love it.

Reply
avatar
Nastassha
AUTHOR
8 May 2013 at 17:05 delete

So happy that u branching off into look posts too. Loving this look hun!

Xoxo
nastassha.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
9 May 2013 at 22:06 delete

You wear the scarf so well :) Love the stars.

http://kjandersen.wordpress.com/

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
9 May 2013 at 23:44 delete

Thanks Catriona;-)))

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
10 May 2013 at 07:47 delete

I'm doing it slowly Natassha:-) I'm still a bit nervous about look posts. Thank you so much!

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
10 May 2013 at 07:47 delete

Thanks for reading Kajsa:)

Reply
avatar
Chrissy Lilly
AUTHOR
16 May 2013 at 10:34 delete

that scarf is so nice! Love statement blazers too!! I just found your blog through the Friendly Bunch Blog hop and I really like it! I followed on GFC and Bloglovin :) would love if you could check out my blog and maybe follow me back?

www.ChrissyLilly.blogspot.com
x

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
16 May 2013 at 16:37 delete

Thanks Chrissy!! I am following:)

Reply
avatar

Thank you for your comment:-)