Road Tripping!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012


Thanks to my job I get to travel to different towns and perform there. I recently took a trip up the West coast and Garden route again and thought I'd share some pictures with you.

I love road tripping up country to obscure and arty towns. The scenery is amazing and I love walking through the streets and finding little gems. This year we travelled to Vredendal, Vanrhynsdorp, Clanwilliam, Malmesbury Wellington, Matjiesfontein, Prince Albert, Oudtshoorn, George, Mosselbay  and all the surrounding farm areas.



 Clanwilliam Nature Reserve flowers; Clanwilliam street outside shop; Vanrhynsdorp vintage car; Outside guest house in Vredendal
This time of year Westcoast flowers are bright and beautiful. Clanwilliam has a lovely nature reserve where you can picnic and explore the beautiful flora of the Western Cape. I love the contrast of lush flowers against the karoo backdrop!




Bosman Wine Estate in Wellington
One of the most beautiful farms I have ever been to. Take a trip to Wellington  and do some lovely wine tasting.





 Matjiesfontein Lord Milner hotel, Coffee shop and Post Office
 This was the first time I have been to Matjiesfontein. Just off the N1 this quaint little town is known for it's historic history.


 Inside Matjiesfontein Lord Milner hotel and Laird Arms Bar
 Enjoy fine dinning inside the hotel or have a drink at the famous Laird Arms bar





Outeniqua pass mountains, Mosselbay coast and Prince Albert guest house
What a beautiful scenic drive along the Outeniqua pass to George and through the N2 to Mosselbay! I adrore Mosselbay. It's one of my favourite towns to visit, explore and relax.


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Wow looks like such a fun trip!! ... I'm still pretty new to South Africa and the Western Cape and I've done the drive through the 'garden route' but it seems like I still have a lot to discover!! Lucky that you get to travel so much for work ... I will have to follow your travel posts so I know which fun and interesting places to go in SA!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we always have lots of fun on our trips. I am always so amazed when I go road tripping through the Western Cape. There are so many different small towns and places hidden away. I love exploring and finding new places.

      Where are you originally from ? Thank you for the lovely comment:-)

      Delete
  2. Two words...stunningly beautiful! I feel like I am on holiday looking at your pics. I want to go there. Thanks, Diva Desle, for making my heart glad. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Saundy!!!!!!!Xxxxx You made my day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love traveling along the garden route. It's filled with so much beauty. My favorites are Knysna, Mossel Bay and the Wilderness. Everything is so green and the beaches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the Wilderness is also one of my absolute favourite holiday destinations. And that beach is so amazing. It feels like you have the whole beach to yourself. Little piece of paradise:-)

      Delete
    2. Oh yes the Wilderness is also one of my absolute favourite holiday destinations. And that beach is so amazing. It feels like you have the whole beach to yourself. Little piece of paradise:-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment:-)