Halloween Skull Face, Monster Mani and Witches Brew

Monday, October 27, 2014 16 Comments A+ a-



Hi Divas! 

This week I thought I would get us all into the Halloween mood. As you know Halloween is on Friday and even though it is not such a big celebration in South Africa it's still fun to do small things to enjoy the day. I am a big sucker when it comes to horror and all things paranormal. I love watching horror movies and hearing ghost stories when I road trip to farm towns in the Western Cape. One particular town that freaked me out the most was Matjiesfontein which formed in the 1880's. One night my coworkers and I had drinks at the Laird Arms pub and the bar tender decided to freak us all out by telling us ghost stories of the Lord Milner hotel that we were staying in. Those stories sent chills up my spine. I could tell you one or two of my own ghost stories but I'll save you from the nightmares! Lol;-) I did three Halloween ideas below to spark your creative juices and get you inspired to do something fun for the day. These ideas are super easy to do. You can use whatever is in your makeup bag and kitchen.



 Skull Face:
 Above I did a half normal and half skull face. I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to whiten my whole face. I then coloured my eye and lower cheekbone area in black with the NYX Super Black Jumbo Marker and Urban Decay eyeshadows in Crave and Oil Slick. I used my black eyeliner pen to create teeth and the illusion of cracks in the face. On the other side I lined my eyes with a Essence gel liner. I used the eyeshadows Sin and Last Call from Urban Decay on my eye. I then used a bright red Essence blush on my cheek and Russian Red by MAC on the other half of my lips. This look is in no way a master piece. It is just a simple Halloween face that any body can do at home.



Monster Mani:
  I actually had so much fun doing my nails because I didn't have to be precise and accurate with this look. I wanted to create little monsters on my nails and that was super easy using a dotting tool, a thin nail brush and some tiny black rhinestones. I used a orange nail polish by Tip Top called Salsa Pop as a base on four of my nails. I used a H&M black crackle polish to create the Freddy Krueger like finger nails. (Anyone watch the movie Nightmare on Elm street? Chills!). Again, this is not meant to be a nail art masterpiece. It's just something easy, fun and a little gory.
 


Witches Brew:
This is a super easy and fun drink to create. I made a Fanta soda float with ice cream and topped it up with yummy sour worms. The ice cream of cause makes the soda fizzle and ooze over the glass which gives it a witches cauldron brew effect. The sour worms gives the drink an extra fun horror look. The whole thing tastes really delicious. Children will especially love this drink. I drank the whole thing and ate all the sour worms. Hehehe;-)




What I used to create the Halloween ideas:
*Urban Decay Ammo Palette, Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, MAC Russian Red, Essence Breaking Dawn blush, NYX Super Fat Marker, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, Black Eye liner pen, Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful Mascara, Pink angled makeup brushes. * Revlon Sparkle Aplenty, Cracker Nail Polish H&M, Tip Top Salsa Pop, Tip Top Cream Puff, Nail Art brushes and dotting tools and rhinestones * Fanta, Sour worms, Ice Cream.


I really hope you enjoyed this post and got a little inspired. Do you get scared easily? Do you watch horror movies or read any horror novels? Let me know below.


Have a fabulous week Divas!!
Xxxx

16 comments

Write comments
Saundy
AUTHOR
27 October 2014 at 15:44 delete

It was fun and enjoyable to read your blog post, Diva Desle! You are very creative. The Witches' Brew is a very neat idea. :D

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
27 October 2014 at 17:43 delete

Thank you Saundy!! Hope you have an amazing week ahead! XOXO

Reply
avatar
Lynette
AUTHOR
27 October 2014 at 20:25 delete

Seriously Desle... All of these are AMAZING !! The make-up.. Blown away... TRhe mani - Scary and gorgeous.. And the drink.. Looks yum !!!

Reply
avatar
28 October 2014 at 07:41 delete

I love this half skull make up! Seriously it looks doable at home which would really help if a last minute party comes up :)

Reply
avatar
LoveT.
AUTHOR
28 October 2014 at 16:31 delete

Amazing Ideas! Great Post :)

kisses

Reply
avatar
Kim Alston
AUTHOR
28 October 2014 at 20:07 delete

Cool Halloween makeup, mani and treats Desle!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Reply
avatar
30 October 2014 at 22:47 delete

We don't celebrate Halloween in my country. I am so jealous, looks like such a fun holiday!

Reply
avatar
Ileana
AUTHOR
31 October 2014 at 13:58 delete

OH MY! Love how u did the make up look!!! So scary :D
xoxo

Novelstyle

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
6 November 2014 at 15:03 delete

It is so easy to do. Hope you had an amazing week ;-)

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
6 November 2014 at 15:03 delete

Thank you sweetheart!

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
6 November 2014 at 15:04 delete

Hehe, thanks Ileana ;-)

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
6 November 2014 at 15:05 delete

We don't really celebrate it here in South Africa too, but I still like to dress up and do some fun things ;-)

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
6 November 2014 at 15:06 delete

Thank you sooooo much Lynette. It means so much to me. Sending you tons of love. xoxo

Reply
avatar
J.
AUTHOR
18 November 2014 at 11:46 delete

I am a bit late with my comment, but this really is amazing! You are so talented! I could never even do anything resembling this even a little bit...

Reply
avatar
Diva Desle
AUTHOR
6 December 2014 at 13:22 delete

Thank you so much sweety1 This comment really made my day. Bless you. xxx

Reply
avatar

Thank you for your comment:-)